1. If you want to you can change the look of the forum using the Style Chooser at the bottom of the page
  2. [IMG]  [IMG]  [IMG]   [IMG]  [IMG]  [IMG]  [IMG]  [IMG]

Hack the Play Store

Hack the Play Store
stop_sign_slow_rotate_lg_wht.gif
androids.jpg

As most of you are aware some apps in Play Store are country specific. For the life of me I can`t understand why is that so. In my honest opinion we should all be able to use them at will. It`s not like we`re stealing paid apps. For example... Google Earth is not able to be obtained in my country. Play Store doesn`t show the app at all. Like it`s non-existing. But that app is free and furthermore it`s awesome.

Solution to download the country specific apps will be shown to you below.

MARKET ENABLER
Your phone must be rooted and you must have BusyBox installed to use it. It works straight from the phone.

This app will unlock your market by faking operator settings (APN).
You will get market as it is for the provider you choose. You will be able to view and obtain all apps including paid ones and NO you won`t be able to get them for free. You will still have to pay for them.

It is simple to use, but sometimes causes minor problems. In my case I couldn`t see MMS sent to me when I was using Market Enabler. To fix this just restore original provider settings and you`ll be fine.

DOWNLOAD (copy apk to your phone and install it)

OPEN APP and you`ll get this:

me1.PNG

GO TO SETTINGS LIST:

me2.PNG

CHOOSE ANY OF THE MARKETS LISTED IN SETTINGS:

me3.PNG

PRESS FAKE THIS PROVIDER NOW AND YOU`RE DONE! NOW GO TO PLAY STORE AND CHECK THE DIFFERENCE

me4.PNG

REAL APK LEECHER - Download apk from your PC
This tool was developed by Nhat Cuong Devteam. You can always download the apk files from your PC easily with this tool then transfer them to your device. It doesn't support download of a paid apps.

ral1.PNG

DOWNLOAD

Features:
  • Download APK from market to your PC
  • Download apk icon (just for fun)
  • Download multiple files at once
  • Supports the search in:
    - Vendor name
    - Package name. Ex: com.android.helloworld
    - Custom

Usage:

This tool requires Java Runtime Environment (JRE) or JDK. Oh, and don`t delete "lib" folder.

To use this tool, you need to enter your market account and Device ID. To get your Device ID, just simply open dial pad, press *#*#8255#*#*. If it opens ˝GTalk Service Monitor˝, find lines that begin with JID and Device ID. Your account is JID, and your Device ID is a string after android- prefix.

ral2.PNG

When you`ve successfully obtained your ID the job is done. Open RAL, enter your info and start downloading desired apps.

ral3.PNG

by arawn
Aug 9, 2012
comnam90 likes this.