Live Wallpaper - Make Your Own
So you don`t like the choice you have with live wallpapers? After looking all over the place the only thing you could find is a ˝close enough to like˝ but if you would have a simple method to create one, it would look so much more awesome! Well, this just might be a solution for you. I`m not saying this is a 100% no trouble, first-time working option but by trying and testing I`m sure you will get a hang of it and put that idea of yours to the phone screen. You can even draw one yourself and have a unique, the one and only live wallpaper you`ve always wanted. Let`s get it on...
I. BEFORE YOU BEGIN
1. Go download and install the latest version of Java SDK (JRE and JDK) on your computer.
II. OPEN THE PROGRAM
1. Download the program: Live Wallpaper Creator Script (thanks to Daneshm90)
2. Extract it to somewhere on your computer.
3. Right click it and select Run As Administrator.
4. Remove the n01 – n20 images (leave the icon) and save them somewhere else on your computer if you want to keep them.
5. Put the images you want to use into the “placeimages” folder and make sure they are .png format and they are the same resolution as the phone’s screen you want to put the live wallpaper on.
6. Now rename each image as n01, n02, n03, etc (those are zeros) until you get to the last image you want to use. (They will show up in the order you set them starting with 01 and going to 100). You cannot put more than 100 images in this folder.
7. After you hit enter it will ask you how many images you have, this number needs to be in hexadecimal (i.e. 20 = 14). Go here and convert the number of images. Then put that number into the command prompt and hit enter.
8. Enter a name for the wallpaper then hit enter.
9. Enter a description for the live wallpaper and hit enter.
10. Enter a package name (the name of the .apk file it will create), no spaces or any characters that aren’t letter or numbers. Then hit enter.
11. It will now create the .apk file and you can find it in the folder you extracted the Live Wallpaper Creator .zip file to. Simply transfer it to sdcard of your phone, then install it using a file manager and select it by clicking on Menu > Wallpapers > Live Wallpapers > choose the live wallpaper you created.
credits: David Cogen
edited by arawn